Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are driven, supported and committed to playing a major role in Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership enables an environment that promotes personal and professional growth, as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in realizing the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is seeking a proven, highly motivated Business Development (BDR) Manager who will hire, coach and train a driven team of individuals early in their careers to become world-class business development professionals. If you have proven success in building and leading a business development team to achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly goals, a passion for Smartsheet and commitment to excellence, this is the role for you.
Smartsheet is a high growth SaaS (Software as a Service) company with millions of users in countries all over the globe. Our customers experience substantial value from the use of the innovative Smartsheet platform. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry.
- Hire, coach, train and manage a team of Business Development Representatives to master skills across business development including lead engagement, account intelligence development, Smartsheet’s platform and solutions, sales skills, inbound marketing and business acumen
- Play leadership role in operationalizing multi-touch targeted lead generation campaigns, including process definition, key metrics and use of software tools
- Define, implement and track set of core BDR metrics/analytics which predictably drive performance, working closely with Sales Operations to ensure necessary support
- Develop and implement plays run by the BDR team that result in deepening knowledge of Smartsheet’s Strategic Accounts
- Manage day to day activities of BDR team including live coaching and mentoring, and reviewing inbound lead volume, activity metrics, conversions and pipeline build
- Work closely with Enterprise sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality and hand off
- Work closely with Enterprise Demand Generation team to ensure quality generation, conversion and nurturing of leads
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the business development team
- Align with sales enablement team to build a curriculum for business development reps across on-boarding, sales trainings, solutions and industry education and role acumen
- Motivate team with creative incentives and inspire through a shared vision and team culture
- 2+ years of management experience with proven track record of hiring, retaining, and developing individuals and team
- 5+ years of enterprise SaaS sales experience with demonstrated record of achievement
- Experience working in and building inside sales teams
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions through effective use of core sales tools: Salesforce, LinkedIn, Tableau, OpsCon, GoogleApps, Microsoft Office
- Strong Smartsheet product knowledge/solution development skills
- Data driven – constantly finding ways to improve productivity, efficiency and contribution to the business through analysis and metrics
- A team player – you inspire others around you and build a highly motivated and successful team through your management skills
- Capability of understanding of customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by Smartsheet. Strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation
- Drive, grit, team-oriented: strong desire to compete and win
- Proven track record of goal achievement (as individual or manager) and building and managing KPIs for a sales organization
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
If this job sounds like you then give us your details and we'll reach out if it makes sense.
City, State, Postal Code